Started Oct 16, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Imaginee
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Buying a new camera in a week or two
Oct 16, 2006

Hi, I need your help to decide on the camera and lens. For the past 2 years I have had my eye on the 20d, I've read many reviews and viewed 1000's of photos. I have the Sony DSC-F717, been using it for 4 years, recently I bought a little canon (S2 is) to play with, before that I used 35mm film cameras. To be honest, I'm freaking out a little cause I'm afraid I'll make a bad choose!

I want to use this new camera for Portraits, Nature (landscapes, water, animals), and Micro shots. I also want to use the camera to take all my own reference photos for my artwork. I can spend $1000 on the camera and $600 for a lens, I will save to buy more lens (in the same price range) and all other accessories needed (please give me a list). One lens I am thinking about is: Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS. What lens should I look into for everything I want to photograph???

I have a tiny in home portrait studio and plan to expand it...I also would like to get a few freelance gigs and do small weddings down the road. Photography has been a GREAT love of mine for my entire life, this new camera and lens will be it for me so I need to chose wisely! I bought my studio lights at B&H and have also shopped at Amazon and BestBuy...If you feel another place to shop is better please let me know.

I'm not a great photographer, but I do plan to keep at it and hope one day to be goood at what I LOVE. On my website you can see a few samples of my photography and also my artwork.... I thank you for your time, if I can EVER be of some help to you PLEASE just ask!

http://midtel.net/~imaginee
Take care~Linda
PS: I reallly respect all of you here at dp!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow