Started Oct 15, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lukewarm
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
The so-called grip "problem"...
Oct 15, 2006

The Digital Rebel series is an entry-level camera, priced and designed to appeal to consumers. A bridge from advanced consumer point-n-shoots, and prosumer dSLRs like the EOS 30D. I think it was wholly rational for Canon to design it to be bigger than the cybershots & powershots, yet smaller than the 30D. Made perfect sense to me!

Canon offers consumers a choice between a smallish dSLR (400d) and a regular sized one (30d). If anything, Canon should be commended for having given people the choice. Meanwhile, Nikon is under the impression that 100.0% of people in the world like their dSLRs sized the exact same way. And somehow they're being praised for such single-mindedness...?

The reality is, many people (like myself) actually prefer the compactness of a Digital Rebel. I don't get why so many people are chastising Canon for having given us this choice. Would they rather all dSLRs are sized exactly the same way with no regards to consumer preference?

People who prefer a big camera, choose the big model. They like a small camera, choose the small model. It's so simple, yet so many people whine loudly about it. What's the problem?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PS.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow