Started Oct 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rurikw
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
dsc r1 converters
Oct 12, 2006

I have been using a Nikon Coolpix 5000 for 3 years and have become totally dependent on a live view lcd display which turns and swivels every way so now that I want to upgrade I have to forget about all the wonderful dslr's out there except the Olympus E-330. But the relative simplicity and optical and picture quality of the Sony dcs r1 attracts me. I mostly use wide angle (which is the reason I bought the CP5000 and a 0.68 converter, getting me down to 19 mm). I would like to have that option on my possible r1, too. So I would need the 0.8 converter. And a macro converter would be nice too. Tele is not so important but perhaps... eBay is full of converters with factors like 0.5 and 2.5 and always third party. But Sony's own stuff with more modest conversion factors seem a safer way to go. One would expect the 0.8 not to spoil the nice optics too much. Is the full zoom range still available with it screwed on? Grateful for any comments.

rurikw's gear list:rurikw's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow