Started Oct 10, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RodgerR
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Web Hosting Woes
Oct 10, 2006

We wanted to move our web site to a Canadian web hosting co, and I spent a lot of time trying to research for the best one. I purchased a plan with Webserve.ca. But...I soon found that their 25% promotional discount didn't work, evidently because I failed to use the right sequence in filling out the info, and then I couldn't access anyone who wasn't "in training" and unable to do anything. I soon realized this outfit was mostly on paper and had no real customer service, so I cancelled. After I cancelled they billed my card $325.28. I had gone through the cancellation process they required by spending days working at it..being put on hold until the hold timed out, etc. etc. This was last month. Last week I got ahold of someone who said he could do something and it would be resolved that morning. Today, still nothing had been done. I got ahold of another guy who sounded like he was in Timbuktoo and very difficult to understand. He said I never cancelled out!! Well after yelling at this guy for a while he said he could get it cancelled. So... I'll see what happens now. He did have the nerve to ask me why I wanted to cancel..after all this.

Webserve.ca is a disaster. Verify, above all, that a web host co. has real customer service and is not some mickey mouse rip off. I ended up going to Network Solutions because I had my domain registered with them for a long time, and I found out they have excellent customer service and are a real company that can deliver the goods.
--
Old Crow, Yukon Territory
C-2100UZ C-5050Z
http://www.arcticoutreach.org

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow