ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
HD problem. Aperture backup. Help!!
Oct 9, 2006

Hi all,

I've got a 15" Macbook Pro and recently bought a eSATA express card and a matching hot swappable enclosure for 2 harddrive.

I transferred my Aperture files from my external FW400 Lacie drive to my RAID-0 enclosure which is connected to my SATA express card. I have no problems working from those harddrives (Aperture works fine) but today decided to make a back-up of my Aperture files on my SATA RAID-0 enclosure to my firewire external harddrive but have problems since.

Copying small file (few GB) is no problem but when copying Aperture libary or other big files I somehow loose connection to my SATA card or enclosure after copying 5-10 min. The express card and harddisk enclosure with 2 hardrives in RAID-0 is not reliable at all. I also tried to copy from SATA enclosure to internal HD instead of to the Lacie but same issue. I've contacted the manifacturer that most likely something doesn't work.

Anyway, I still need to back-up my Aperture pictures incase I need to re-format my RAID-0, crash etc etc.

Instead of making a full backup using the vault function or just Copy-Paste Libary to other drive, can I also just export a folder since they are smaller in size than the whole libary. If I export all folders individually to another external drive would that be the same as making a full backup using the vault function or do I miss out data? If I need to format my SATA drives can I then just import all projects again and be completly up to date again?

Thanks for your help

Kim

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow