ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ccdmax
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Just switched to Nikon
Oct 9, 2006

Hi Guys,

I have just decided to finaly make the switch after so many years of trying to convince myself otherwise.

I have always loved the way the Nikon bodies fit right into your hand, and my dad was always telling me "go with Nikon, you'll be happier" (He is a retired Pro) but I was always reading the reviews than Canon's have so much cleaner high ISO noise so I bought the 10D as soon as it came out and as a backup (I love the way that sounds :D) the Digital Rebel...

Anyway, over the weekend I was at my local BestBuy and just for the "kicks and giggles", I went to take a look at the EOS 5D... and right there next to it they had the D80 and D200... So I played with the Canon, the D80 and then I looked at the D200...

Once I took the D200 in my hands, I lost my interest in all the Canon's and just plain and simple... I fell in love.

So, the D200 is on it's way to me with the MB-D200 Grip (ordered on eBay through cameta) and I need your help and advice...

I know this has been asked a million times, but what would you guys recommned from the Nikon lineup of lenses, to reduce my "lens inventory" to a max of 3? I know that this can be challenging, but I am not a pro, it's just my "expensive hobby" as my wife calls it

I also own a Fuji S1Pro so I am considering to use the only "Nikon" lens I have (which is a Tamron SP AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 AD) for a few weeks before I get some recommendations from you guys and start ordering.

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow