ACR: LX2 Sensor Less Noisy Than LX1?

Started Sep 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
grimboid
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Re: email to Panasonic on RAW processing
In reply to John Bean (UK), Oct 9, 2006

The implication is that QVC don't even realise themselves when they're selling something decent instead of the horrific generic kit they usually offer!

I've included my original question to Panasonic, in case anybody else is concerned that I phrased it poorly or whatever.

The reply is a few posts north of here of course.

-- hide signature --

Hi there,

I recently bought an LX2 but unfortunately returned it as I felt uncomfortable with the degree of chroma noise exhibited.

I had hoped to try again with the camera, and get around the chroma noise issue with the help of RAW files.

But I have noticed there is a great deal of speculation on the internet that the RAW files for the LX2 might not be truly RAW - and indeed my own close examination after uploading sample RAW files to my computer does indeed appear to reveal the smearing away of some shadowy, low contrast detail.

Can you explicitly confirm whether or not the LX2 is performing any sort of image processing on its RAW files whatsoever?

Many thanks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow