Started Oct 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt_Anderson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,778
Like?
New Canon MKIII, Lenses and Copy Work
Oct 5, 2006

I'm in the process of evaluating a workflow where we would use Canon for a good chunk of our copy work.

I'm in the process of putting together a future purchase order.

I am hoping that Canon will be releasing an update to the 16 MP EOS MarkIII within the next several months

I am also hoping that update will be +20 MP, in any event, I need to make a decision on lenses.

The number one job for this camera will be copy work of clients art.

I'm looking at getting the 90 mm TSE, I also want something in the 35-50 range that is of excellent sharpness, contrast, and very low on distortions and vignetting.

Secondly, I'll be looking at additional lenses for wide angle and telelphoto with minimal over laps.

What I don't know is which lens, in the wide angle zoom range, is of the best quality, the 16-35, 17-40, 28-70, 24-105. I read many conflicting opnions on these various lenses. My goal here is strictly quality.

Is the 50 mm f/1.2 going to justify the extra $1000 over the f/1.4 ?

Finally I may look at a telephoto macro and telelphoto zoom in the 70 - 300 range

90% of the shots taken will be copy work, with studio strobes, but there may arise a situation where I need the afore mentioned additional lenses depending on a clients request.

I'm liquidating my Hasselblad 555 ELD- Phase One H20 16 MP because of constant need to be tethered, and the higher cost for various lenses, and it's getting dated.

My number one goal is quality while trying to stay under $13500.00

Any relevant, subjective, and experienced information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt Anderson

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
okayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow