Started Sep 26, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kerplunk
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
the DP1: not so sure
Sep 26, 2006

You know, as much as I like the look of the camera, and I do admit that this is jumping the gun and speculation, i don't think that prime lens on a point and shoot is the way i want to go. THe idea of a point and shoot is that its easy to use, compact enough to carry around (rather than lugging my camera-backpack through forests and gardens on vacations all the time) and convenient. I think that if you remove the zoom from this equation, or replace it with an inferior (digital) zoom, you are comitting market hari-kari. Big, nice sensor aside, I don't want to have to walk closer to objects I can't walk closer to inorder to get the shot I want. Sometimes you need to soom in on a scene. Even if you switch the lenses out, its less of a point and shoot then. Its the same work as with an SLR.

Again, total speculation at this point on a prototype, but if Sigma thinks its going to enter the P&S domain without a zoom just becasue of the foveon, they are going to be sadly mistaken. It's like taking away ones remote control. Better looking TV aside, it won't amtter if you say "oh, you can't use a remote control. Just get up and walk to the tv and change the channel manually."

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow