janneman02
Forum ProPosts: 15,722Gear list
Like?
Phil's show report
Sep 26, 2006

Hurrah!!!!
[quote]
Pentax

One of the highlights of the show is the first public outing for the latest addition to Pentax's digital SLR lineup, the K10D, with 10 megapixels, CCD-shift image stabilization and dust reduction.
[unquote]

Slight downer:
[quote] ...

and - once again - the 645 Digital, which seems no nearer to actual production than it was at PMA.
[unquote]
I must admit, I have about the same feeling.

We all know Phil likes Nikon but I am surprised by the general tendency used in the Canon report. Apparently nice but some stabs:
[quote]
and the ridiculously over-the-top lump of glass that is the 50mm F1.2
[unquote]
[quote]

Canon is making a lot of noise about its new face detection AF/AE system (we can confirm it works well with beautiful models, not yet sure how it works with uglier faces).
[unquote]

(on a sidenote, Phil also mentions pretty women i the sigma report. isn;t he supposed to report on cameras for us instead of lookiing for pretty women??? And if he does, why not show them to us???)

[quote]

Finally there are printers. A lot of printers. So many printers that we literally lost count. This is not a company that wants to be accused of missing a niche in the printer market.
[unquote]

Seems rather harsh, even for Canon...ooops....
--
janneman
http://www.pbase.com/jl2

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow