Started Sep 21, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joele
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,632Gear list
Like?
Just used/held working K10d
Sep 21, 2006

Well our rep came in with a fully working K10d... beta firmware still as has ISO 50-3200 (sorry forgot to check the version number, I only had 10 minutes with it)..

Opinions:

• Sv mode is cool, just what I wanted, I put front dial as ISO and rear on Program-line shift, very nice to use..

• Weight and size did feel a lot more substantial than any previous Pentax DSLR even the D, more like my friends 20d..

• Autofocus: Don't even start me on that it was sooooo much faster than even the D or K100d, don't even bother comparing it to the DL/DS.. And I focused in some real dark spots in the office and it was still very quick and confident.. This was using the Sigma 18-50 kit lens too...

• Sound: AF was pretty soft, softer by far than the K100d and also shutter sounded good again (thinking of D not DS/K100d)..

Don't know what else to say, other than I am bloody eager to buy mine... no more doubts on whether I can settle with my K100d..

-- hide signature --

Joel - K100D/DS/SFX
http://www.pbase.com/joele

Joele's gear list:Joele's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow