Started Sep 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sosua
Senior MemberPosts: 2,259Gear list
Like?
Colour / Monitor Calibration
Sep 19, 2006

I need some help around calibration - I need my monitor to provide accurate colour / brightness contrast for both Web display (I presume use jpeg and SRGB) and for prints (presuming TIFF aRGB).

I shoot RAW and process to 16 Bit TIFF using Capture One Pro as Adobe RGB. Am I right in assuming when I open in Photoshop CS2 I should convert to SRGB if web is the ultimate destination and leave as ARGB if print will be the final destination?

For reference could you please evaluate the colours / brightness of this shot, as processed using a newly created ICC profile with a free download of WiziWYG (I know i'll probably have to buy a colormitre thingee...)

The image should appear bright (not too dark) and saturated with little to no over exposure. Plenty of blue in the sky, the lake should have a distinct cyan to it and very should be rich orange reds around the boats. The first boat was desaturated to pure white, so should not have a blue or red cast. There should also be plenty of visable detail in the tree on the right.

Any thoughts and assistance greatly appreciated , Thanks!

Sosua's gear list:Sosua's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow