ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew Wong
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
CP5000 : At First Glance
Jan 7, 2002

Hi all,

I've learnt alot about the camera from all posted comments, and I went to see it for myself today.

I ended up doing a comparison between an F80 with a couple of lenses because the initial purchase costs are about the same.

I'm a little hesitant about buying the camera, mainly because of the light metering system. I'm planning on doing a fair bit of macro with flash, and I'm wondering if I should just wait to see if Nikon do a prosumer cam with a TTL meter and full Speedlight functionality.

I have some questions :

1. With the in-built flash, I couldn't take a macro photo any closer than about 12" without the flash not being able to cover the photographed area (lens shadow). The shot was, however reasonably well exposed wherever there was flash light. Has anyone tried the camera with a Speedlight flash set to TTL on a macro shot

2. If I set the camera to macro mode, I can also focus the camera on non-macro subjects, and use telephoto. What are the limitations to leaving the camera permanently in macro mode ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow