E-400

Started Sep 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
AZSheldon
Contributing MemberPosts: 526
Like?
Well... I am an Olympus owner.
In reply to BJL, Sep 14, 2006

I happen to own an E-1 and a C-8080, and previously an E-300, and I've been discontent with Olympus's ability to stay in the forefront, while they continue to crank out less-than pro-sumer cameras, i.e. the E-300, E-500, and now the E-400, and what next?

I've seen the D-80 and, for the price, it knocks the socks off of any of the above. I took the jump to the D-200 because it's a very forward looking piece of equipment. I made an investmtne that hasn't been succeeded within 10 months of the announcement of its production. If Olympus had come out with something in the vein of the E-1, stepping up with more modern technology, I would have strongly considered at the time.. rather than "...let's wait until photokina."

I'm not here to complain, but as an Olympus owner, and having come to know their quality in the past, i.e. the E-1, I for one would really like to see what's up their sleves and hopefully it isn't another one of these. I would rather see something in the more pro-sumer area, or above, with the quality we have come to know.

Best regards.

Jack

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow