K100D & K10D, shake reduction and 'foreign' optics.

Started Sep 13, 2006 | Discussions thread
Roland Mabo
Forum ProPosts: 12,462
Like?
Re: K100D & K10D, shake reduction and 'foreign' optics.
In reply to distudio, Sep 13, 2006

I think that I'm very specific in my statements that KAF mount lenses works with the SR mechanism, because all KAF lenses provides information about focal length. If they didn't, they wouldn't work on any Pentax KAF camera. Pentax introduced the KAF mount in 1987 with the SF bodies and the F lenses. This was Pentax first AF system (it is true that Pentax introduced the ME-F body with in-lens autofocus in 1982 I think, but it was not a complete system, it was only one body and one single lens. It was never sold in large numbers).

So, any lens compatible with Pentax KAF will give information about the actucal focal length to the camera, this also works with zooms, and it has worked since 1987. Yes, third party lenses will work if they are Pentax KAF compatible which is the same as compatible with Pentax autofocus mount. Pentax autofocus mount is the same as Pentax KAF. KAF = Pentax K bayonet autofocus mount. With the term "third party lenses", it means lenses from other manufacturers than Pentax, this includes lenses from Tamron, Tokina, Cosina/Soligor/Vivitar, Sigma (sometimes labeled as Quantaray on the US market). The Schneider-Kreuznach D-Xenon lenses are also compatible since they are made for Pentax KAF and they are manufactured by Pentax.

To sum up - all autofocus lenses that can be used on Pentax autofocus bodies works with the Shake Reduction system without the hazzle of dialing in focal lengths manually.

Is this being specific enough?

Take care
R

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow