Started Sep 9, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoLeon1935
Senior MemberPosts: 2,305
Like?
D80 Backfocus
Sep 9, 2006

Wouldn't you know it, the first D80 I got my hands on in the local store had a slight backfocus problem. Having had this problem in the past, I am wary of this problem so a took my pocket backfocus target with me and took a test shot right on the counter of the store.

Since I help a lot of other people who have this problem I need for someone who has a D80 to lift the mirror and tell me what the rear mirror stop looks like. Someone has already discovered that the D2Hs has a different stop from the D70 and D50. The D70 only requires a 2 mm hex wrench shown below.

The D2Hs requires a special bent socket wrench designed especially for this adjustment. There is a concentric pin on top of a hex bolt for the autofocus mirror as seen here.

I would appreciate it if someone could peek into his new D80 and tell me which method Nikon chose for the two adjustments. The store that let me take these pictures would not let me touch the mirror to see for myself.

Thank you

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow