Started Jan 4, 2002 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Babb
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
What's up with Walmart?
Jan 4, 2002

Do to Walmart's lack of bulk upload software and the 2mb file size limit, I took 3 zip disks in to my local Walmart (Norristown, PA) for printing. I called them first to confirmed that zip disks are acceptable. When I returned to pick up my prints, I was told that the disks could not be read. I assumed that the mac formatting was the problem, so I DOS formatted the disks, recopied the pictures and returned to Walmart. This time the the worker confirmed that he could read the disks, but would not be able to print them until the next afternoon. (He informed me that 1 hr service does not apply to digital prints.) The next day I return to find out that for some unknown reason he couldn't print the images. His tech support solved his problem by telling him to give up on my order. Frustrated by this response, I spoke to the store manager who told me he would investigate the problem. He called me back today to let me know that the problem was that they only accept zip250 disks, not zip100. Oddly, every zip250 drive I know of also accepts zip100 disks and the disk had been confirmed readable at the store.

Have others had this problem? Based on other posts, many seem pleased with their Walmart prints. The price is right and it seemed convenient in theory. I'm guessing that because my Walmart is brand new, the photo department is inexperienced. Are they a bunch of losers? Or, are they victims of their own crappy software?

Should I keep trying, or stick with ofoto and PhotoAccess?

Thanks, Jim Babb

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow