Started Dec 31, 2001 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScottAW
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
*bashes head against wall repeatedly*
Dec 31, 2001

I think I've reviewed the crapola out of cameras recently, and my brain feels like mush.

Cameras I've been debating over are:

• Nikon 885

• Sony DSC-S75

• Cannon S30

I want to spend around 550-650, and plan to include a 128 meg memory module in that purchase as well. I'm looking for at least a 3 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, somewhat compact, but doesn't have to be micro-sized, and want a good quality photo. I'll be taking pictures mostly of machinery (inside for the most part), but will want to be able to take good pictures outside on occasion too. I'm not an expert by any means, but am a gadget guy and will most likely study the manual and master the camera for the fun of it. I'm a little concern on Nikon's red chromoatic issues, but for some people that doesn't seem to appear or be an issue. An easy to use camera would be good, but with an engineering background I would like to purchase a camera that I can learn and will be powerful in features.

Any help appreciated.

p.s. I'm posting this in Nikon's and Sony's threads too, to get an overall opinion.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow