Macbook pro memory upgrade. Original or third party? External screen? 30"? Other ques

Started Aug 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Macbook pro memory upgrade. Original or third party? External screen? 30"? Other ques
Aug 12, 2006

I have recently bought a 15" macbook pro with 1 x 1GB original ram. Since I'm using Aperture a lot, I want to upgrade my memory to 2GB. I have the following questions:

• Is it possible to use a third party 1GB module (ie Kingston) together with the Apple (Samsung) original memory module or do I get a decrease in performance and/or reliability? The Apple modules seem to be more expensive than the third party memory.

• I'm thinking of buying a 30" Cinema display. Are there any other alternatives that offer better screen quality?

• I have a Lacie Bigger disk (500GB) for my photo's. Unfortunally the 15" macbook pro has only firewire400 and my Lacie also firewire800? Anyone already has experience with an express card with firewire800 on the macbook pro? Does it make that much differerence over the firewire400?

Thanks for your advise/suggestions.

Kim

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow