ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lutherp
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
G2 vs S30 battery
Dec 28, 2001

Hi guys,

I'm torn between getting a G2 and an S30. I've ruled out the S40 b/c it sounds like the extra $200 or so is not worth the difference b/wn the two. So my decision has come down to how much I weigh portability/size and the added features of the G2 (swivel LCD, hotshoe, lenses, apparent better performance in darkness, etc) and the money, of course. I'm currently leaning towards the S30 as I am more of a point and shoot kind of a guy, and plan on using the camera mainly for travelling and would like something small in my pocket that takes decent shots for me, and the price differential doesn't seem worth it for my needs.

But battery life is another question mark now arising. Can someone compare the G2 battery vs the S30? I'm considering getting a microdrive for whichever camera I buy, and I know that the microdrive eats up the battery faster than CF. Would I be shooting myself in the foot if I get an S30 with a microdrive? Can the battery handle it? Or should I be fine? I've read that the G2 has a very nice battery life and can easily handle the microdrive.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Luther

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow