Started Aug 9, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Weierich
Senior MemberPosts: 2,100
Like?
D200 won't auto-focus anymore
Aug 9, 2006

Pulled my D200 out this evening to take some moon shots and it will no longer auto focus. I hear a clicking sound when I depress the shutter release halfway. I have tried several different lenses and no matter which one is on the camera all I get in the display is "r 19". I assume this is an error code, but can't find any information on error codes in my manual nor at Nikon's site. By the way, I think it is crappy that Nikon has ZERO evening tech support hours. Do they honestly think that only professionals and retired persons are buying their equipment? I don't get home from work until after 6 PM CDT. Their hours are from 6am-4pm PDT which means 8am-6pm my time. That is WORTHLESS to me and anyone else that has a "normal" daytime job. I also love their email tech support timeframe...4 DAYS! Why on earth would it take them 4 days to answer a tech support email?

Anyhow, does anyone know that error "r 19" means?

I am in single shot mode, spot metering, spot focus, 100 ISO, program mode. And yes, the lenses are set to auto focus as well as the camera...been there done that. I have also tried pulling the battery, waiting a few minutes and putting the battery back in. No luck.

help!

-- hide signature --

Scott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow