Started Dec 28, 2001 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken Smith
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
Help: I really need a printing solution
Dec 28, 2001

My head is spinning trying to come up with a workable solution for printing. Here is what I need. If anyone can advise me I'd really appreciate it.

I live in a historic tourist area and within the next year I hope to begin selling some of my work. I plan on selling framed/under glass prints typically in 8 x 10, 11 x 14 and possibly some Pana shots up to as much as 10 x 36 inch range.

I intend on charging a reasonable dollar for my work and would like to feel comfortable in knowing the work is going to have a reasonable life expectancy. I would rate that at least 25 years.

I have looked at the Epson 2000P and I've heard that it is very slow and the print quality is questionable. I have heard the 1280 has great quality, but the life expectancy of glossy paper on display/under glass is only 6 to 7 years according to Epson's site. I know it "can" last longer, but numbers like that are not very encouraging to me.

I hear fantastic things about the Canon s800, but alas, it will not go beyond 8.5 x 11. The 13 x 19 inch capable Canon BJC-8500 is $2000 (USD) and that's more than I want to/can spend right now.

I have heard great things about the OLY 400 Dye Sub printer, but like the s800, it will only do 8.5 X 11

Can anyone suggest something to look at that will do what I want and come in at less than $1200 USD?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow