Started Aug 7, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Feldman
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Continuous Ink System for Epson
Aug 7, 2006

I recently purchased a Continuous Ink System for my Epson R1800. Here is my review:

I produce about 50+ photo prints of my artwork per week for resale, so a CIS is imperative. I had already purchased a CIS from another company, which arrived defective, and after weeks of e-mails and phone calls, no one responded to my problem. Due to that, I sought a company with better customer service. Hence, I e-mailed a questions to a few companies to find out who was most responsive. I was very impressed when one company responded by telephone. I spoke with them for a while about their different products, felt assured they were a responsible company, and purchased a system. The CIS arrived well-packed and in good time. Its a very sturdy and nice-looking device with indicator lights for when individual ink bottles run low. The lights are important because changing ink before it runs out keeps air from getting into the feed tubes.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: The installation was straight forward and I appreciated the instructional videos on their website. I had a couple of questions though, which were responded to quickly, and I had to run about 6 cleaning cycles to get it going. I made prints using both Photoshop and Picasa, and found the quality to be best when I turned up the Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow to 20 points each on the Advanced Settings tab. Once I did that, the quality appears equivalent to the original Epson inks. However, I have spoke with a couple other users of this CIS and they did not have to alter their color settings. Go figure. I also appreciate the low amount of bronzing of these inks, as compared to Epson's factory photo black.

EXTENDED REVIEW: After over a month of use, I remain pleased with this CIS. I had a problem with the yellow clogging about three weeks into my usage, but it was quickly resolved through their customer service. They told me to make sure there are no kinks in the tube feed and that the CIS should be 2 inches above desk level. Its been working fine ever since. This has been a very easy company to work with and I have recommended them to my other artist friends. I intend to order more ink from them myself.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow