Started Aug 4, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brianf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,224Gear list
Like?
D200 Rubber Grip
Aug 4, 2006

I had to return my D200 to Nikon a few months ago to have the Banding fixed, good outcome can not see it now.

The rubber was also loose just under the front command dial after only a couple of thousand shots so they replaced the rubber.

All was ok till recently the same thing with the rubber, it is loose either side of and under the front command dial, I contacted Nikon UK and discussed the options and explaned I would rather not loose the camera again for a week or so having the rubber fixed and asked if they could send me a FOC replacement to stick on myself.

I got it in the post tis morning and was pleasantly surprised at how thick the rubber is, it is a realy a well made component, the weakness appears to be the bits of double sided sticky tabe the rubber is held on with, the tape does not extend to the borders of the rubber so the edges are not well stuck down and can get moisture (sweat) in the gap and I suppose this gets progressively worse in warm weather.

I have included some images of the rubber before I stick it on for those that may be intersted, I am first going to put some double sided tape on the camera body right up to the edge of where the rubber fits.

Regards.

Brian.

brianf's gear list:brianf's gear list
Canon PowerShot N
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow