Started Jul 31, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rajojo ma
Contributing MemberPosts: 740
Like?
DL newbie
Jul 31, 2006

I finally bought the DL at today at Futureshop (Cdn) after weeks and weeks of trying to decide which camera to buy. What made me buy it now rather than wait for the K100 was that fact that Hernys has removed it from thier website and I was told that its been discontiuned. Why did I buy the DL you ask... because of the price and it fits my needs. All I want is a starter DSLR for family pictures, vacations and a good tool to learn photography. I haven't open the box yet but will be up late reading the manual.

I'm on vacation this week and will take it with us to Niagara Falls for a few days. I will try jpeg first and from what I've read the best setting to start with is...

Tone = Natural
Sharpening = +2
Contrast = -1

Did I miss something? I will use P mode for now. Any other suggestion for my setup on a hot and hazy day would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing... for this and my future questions, I thank everyone in ths forum for your insight and support(you too Phil).

rajojomanik

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow