Started Jul 31, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jared Fuhs
Regular MemberPosts: 401
Like?
Why Did you switch to Pentax ??
Jul 31, 2006

Just curious I am comparing my equipment and probably will need to make some decisions on what I am going to keep an what I am going to sell on ebay.

I am already serious considering dumping my E500. I have a nikon and canon equipment as well. I do bird photography an my strongest item is the canon. As you know it is really expensive to keep upgrading to D20s D30s at 1500.00 an upgrade.

some folks choose the Pentax Lines over the Canon, Nikon and Olympus.

No bashing on the other folks cameras just curious if folks have a good solid reason for not going with other lines of photography gear.

I am not sure my reasoning is correct either but just seems like the DL costs me 427.00 total with a lens while others were about 1500 to 2k.

I understand that they are for different purposes like the canon 20D is 5FPS which is nice but there is a price to that as well.

My OLY add ons and lenses are hugely expensive.

Nikon is good real good, Nice cheap manual focus lenses as well. Canon seems the best for bird photograhy but man bring your wallet.

Any reasons you made a switch ??

Thanks

Jay

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ohhNew
PZ-1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow