ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RaymondC
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
D200 Question
Jul 28, 2006

Hello all,

Im getting ready to take a trip hiking through Rocky Mountain National Park the 1st of October, and Im starting to think about what camera equipment I am going to bring with me. I have a D2H and a D70, and right now Im definitely leaning toward the D70 (better low light performance, more resolution, lighter packed weight.) I was thinking about selling the D70 on ebay, and then buying a D200 to take instead...an extra 6 ounces of weight, but more resolution, better metering, ISO 100. My hesitation is two fold.....number one is obviously the cost.....number two is will the D200 perform as well or better in low light as the D70? Im "ok" with the noise performance of the D70, although I would like some improvement if possible. Is it as good? The D2H is really not an option here becasue of the poor noise performance, and weight. Does the forum have a suggestion??

Secondly, Im only planning on taking the 17-55 2.8 as my only lens. Does anyone who has a lot of backpacking experience think I should take anything else??

Thanks for you opinion,
Raymond

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow