Started Jul 24, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Melissa007
Regular MemberPosts: 209
Like?
Tips for nailing exposure on the D1X.
Jul 24, 2006

Please guide me in the right direction. I was thinking of investing in two items. The first is a grey card to do a preset white balance and the second is an incident meter but how is that going to help if you're using two small strobes in a studio. Doesn't the incident meter only judge available light? How would it judge my speedlight and strobes? Sorry, if its a stupid question, but hey, you have to start somewhere, might as well be here, right?

For those of you who use the D1X, please tell me what helps you nail exposure. Thanks. I bought the Zone System to Perfect Exposure and they do reccomend working with a grey card which I have yet to to try. Have you and does it help? Or for that matter do you use an incident meter? I understand how Aperture lets light in and Shutterspeed freezes motion but getting these two to work in harmony all the time is not the easiest thing, especially outdoors. Thanks.

Should I take a course? Any excellent books out there that you reccomend?

I'm also waitingly patiently for Thom Hogan's D1X guide because he's the best when it comes to explaining things seriously.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow