Started Jul 23, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rappasol
Senior MemberPosts: 1,500
Like?
Circuit City and Oly
Jul 23, 2006

Yesterday I went to the Circuit City here (S-FL) with a friend who wanted some help picking a thin P&S camera to carry along. There were lots of people looking at the camera stands and one salesperson assigned to this section.

Listening to him help the clients I could see he was relatively knowledgeable and different from the typical Circuit City kid salesman, he was patient explaining to the clients that pixel counts were not important, talking about the quality of lenses, difference in sensor sizes, between optical and digital zooms, etc.......BUT whenever a client was looking at an Oly P&S his typical reaction was "don't get Olympus, their quality is far below the others like Canon which is the best, Nikon, Casio and so on, Oly is not nearly as good designing their processors so their image quality isn't good"

No wonder Canon and Nikon get a bigger market share if even the first time buyers get discouraged to buy into the brand. I wonder if this is usual???

Raphael.
--
Equipement in profile.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow