Started Jul 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KG2002
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?
D200 battery exchange
Jul 18, 2006

I just went to Nikon Canada on Friday to get an extra battery from my D200 (already have 2) as I was going on a short trip with no access to AC. I asked a tech there if it was normal for a battery to last for only 300-350 shots (NEF, preview every 5th frame or so). She said that I do not need to get a new battery but just bring her my old one and she will replace it as there were known problems with some of the original D200 batteries. She also mentioned that there was no official recall.

I didn't have my old batteries with me so I ended up with a brand new one for the time being. I am going to bring it back for refund this week. However, the thing is that even with the new one, I only get the same 300-350 frame per charge (well, may be it needs a break-in period). I heard stories that people can take over 1000 shots per charge... I do not know, may be I have a problem with the camera (one from the very first batch).

How much can you take per charge if you are shooting in RAW, by the way?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow