Started Jul 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
idiotekniQues
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248Gear list
Like?
Winners of CTF Mini-Challenge 114 *Industry/Machinery*
Jul 12, 2006

sorry for the slight delay. with school and work the weekdays are rough.

thanks to all the participants, it was a pleasure to look at all the shots.

there was a smaller response to this contest than the last, so there will be fewer honorable mentions. this topic had the same time frame as the last, and only consisted of 80 posts or so, whereas the previous contest required 2 threads.

i suppose because of the topic. sorry about that - i thought it would be a bit more attractive.

Honorable Mentions

from Blue13X

the circular subjects are relaxing on the eye, but what really makes this shot stand out is the soothing shade of orange.that permeates, and the similar hues that consist of the ground as well.

from CJ

this is moving because it shows the human element in an almost assembly line formation. both reminding us how industry needs humans and can help us explore ourselves and our world, but perhaps can almost turn us into a row of robots as well, taking away our humanity.

from MaxButen

while this could maybe use a lil bit of pp to make the wonderful colors and textures in all that rusty and chipping paint covering the building - of course that is just my taste - the subject matter and framing work well. even the brick has a variety of textures and colors melting into each other.

from bc

the repetition of the numbers and the golden hues make this a winner.

from ana

the texture of the light snowfall along with the spiders trails show the mixture of industry and nature - both animal and weather

from Armini

the colors are interesting in this, the flame really pops - and they arrow pointing to the flame implies some sort of message

3rd place

from Malcy.

this shot is just super sharp, while showing blur and motion of the machinery - and the colors just pop out at me. it screams of the sleekness of precision made tools and industry of man

2nd place

from Like M. Fords

this also has a nice capture of the sparks of industry, when flame and metal meet - at the heart of man and building - and the hint of the mask in the left of the composition, seals the deal

1st place

by Richard Higgs

maybe because i just came back from China, and was utterly drawn by the massive skyscapes of cranes there. some people joke the national bird of china is the crane - because everywhere i went, they were just building - i really find this shot appealing. the hues in the sky, the trio of cranes standing majestic, yet complementing nature's sky - it just has an ambience that worked for me. there area lot of geometric shapes in this, and the building in the background is very strong - drawing my eye from the cranes to the orange sky and then off the frame - almost implying that industry will keep taking us down unseen paths...

good luck with the next contest, it is on you Mr. Higgs.

idiotekniQues's gear list:idiotekniQues's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow