Started Jul 7, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jrdu
Forum ProPosts: 20,397
Like?
R1 Jpg RawShooter Adobe Camera RAW
Jul 7, 2006

I recently downloaded RawShooter Essentials to have a look at that way of working with RAW files. I like several things about it. One is that it handles Sony RAW files directly. Another is that it has a very good system to organize your workflow and a third is that it offers midtone and highlight contrast sliders, which seem to be very useful.

I'm offering here three versions of the same shot. The first is the I mg jpg that the R1 produces. This isn't fair to the jpg because I didn't work on it in post at all, except for cropping it. I just offer it as a kind of a starting point.

The second is the RAW file after passing through RawShooter Essentials. This one is cropped and sharpened and enhanced best that I could in Photoshop afterwards. I was very pleased with this when I first saw it last night.

The third one is the RAW file first changed into a DNG file then processed by Adobe Camera RAW. I have been working with ACR for some time so I've developed my own ideas about how to use that software. There's not too much guidance around on that subject. I also worked on in afterwards in Photoshop, trying to finish it nicely.

I'm not pretending that this is a very scientific comparison but thought you might like to see another photo of Rose, anyway. Ha ha.
John Dunn

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow