Started Jul 3, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saint Zany
Regular MemberPosts: 355
Like?
How Sony rewards its customers
Jul 3, 2006

Maybe this point has already been discussed. Or maybe this should be posted to Sony SLR forum. In either case, I apologize in advance. I am also risking the chance that I might be receiving a whole bunch of flames... but I will risk it...

To make the long story short, I noticed that Sony DSLR only supports MS Duo (in addition to the CF). Now, surely, Sony can't say this is because of the size or form factor. For all the royal Sony customers who bought and paid for Memory Stick Regular Size, hell with them!! This seems like basically what Sony is saying to us. I know, I know.. We can simply go out and by CF at a cheaper price compared to MS. But that's not the point.

We stick with Sony through its proprietary MS format and this is how we get treated. I understand maybe for small form factor cameras, MS Duo is a necessary evil (maybe..maybe..) but for Sony to restrict the SLR to MS Duo only seems like so business-driven and profit-driven and nothing else.. Yes, I know Sony is a for-profit business entity but in my opinion, they suck (and sucked in the past). But sadly, I will still go out and buy Sony products if it servest my purpose... Just ranting....

Regards,
Zany

-- hide signature --

Backpacking and taking pictures.... Casio EX-Z750, Sony DSC-F717, T1, and now R1

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I doNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow