First wedding post - D70+SB600 comments?

Started Jul 2, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jo Lovell
Regular MemberPosts: 225
Like?
First wedding post - D70+SB600 comments?
Jul 2, 2006

Hi all,

Another 'first wedding' post. Just a choice selection, I felt the SB600 did me perfectly well, and the prints look absolutely great.

Comments welcome, or maybe this will encourage others to take the plunge. (But NOT without really knowing how - I'm actually on the side the 'pro's' who see weddings get ruined on the cheap and sigh). This is my bro though, and it was going to be me or nothing!

Jo

and 100% crop

100% (50mm F4 ish)

A typical SB 600 fill flash shot. Indespensible to use fill on days like this...

The first dance - SB600 bounced to isolate subjects on purpose. I thin this shot really 'works' personally, there are others with more ambient light fill in the background.

Lessons learnt: Many gigabytes needed ideally. Shoot everything in RAW - it's quicker in the end if you have a good PC becasue colour/exposure correcting jpegs is a pain and SLOW. Get a good 'assistant' to do the groom preparing while you do the bride, saves running around.

Constructive criticism sought.

Jo

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow