Started Jun 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Badge767
Regular MemberPosts: 499
Like?
A Surprise Olympus Rebate!
Jun 20, 2006

I know there's been a plethora of rebate posts lately, but I thought everyone might find this interesting:

I submitted a rebate for the 14-54 lens back in February. Double-checked and rechecked that everything was in order prior to mailing. (Sadly, the only thing I didn't do was make photocopies of everything first.)

Like so many others, the rebate center sent an email saying the UPC code was invalid. WTF?!?

I jumped through all the hoops, and even sent them a picture of the 14-54 box showing where the UPC code was cut out!

They kept telling me to call back in a few weeks while they investigated. I'd call back each time, only to get the same runaround.

Admittedly, I finally fatigued and just gave up on it.

Then, out of the blue, I got the rebate check in the mail yesterday!

I realize the rebates are handled by a third party vendor, so this is neither a bash or a pat on the back to Oly...but perhaps enough Oly users harrassed the rebate center that we finally wore THEM down!

For those of you waiting on rebates that have given up as I did, there still may be hope! With this in mind, get back on that phone and stay on them!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow