Started Jun 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jason Dunaway
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Metering issues w/D70
Jun 20, 2006

I just had one of my D70 bodies in the shop for a backfocus issue about a month or so ago. I got it back and it seemed to work fine. The focus issue was gone and I was happy. Well, on Saturday I was at a wedding (which I was paid to shoot) and the same exact body was having extreme metering issues. What I mean is that the shutter speed would jump all over the place when it was metering.......2 , 500, 8, 1000, 1600, etc., etc. It would only work in manual mode, where I left it and salvaged some shots with it. I have a D200 and another D70 so I wasn't without equipment, but you can image I was not happy for sure. I'm getting ready to drop it off to the camera shop again, but before I do so, I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if it may be something that a firmware upgrade may resolve.....which I do believe they upgraded it to the latest firmware. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

-- hide signature --

-jason
D70 w/24-120mm VR
D70 w/18-70
D200 w/18-200VR (lens coming soon)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow