Started Jun 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Keith Rankin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,400
Like?
HELP- file corruptions
Jun 19, 2006

I had a nitemare while I was away in St. Lucia, so trying to salvage. I have had one experience before and had some success in file recovery...........anyone have any suggestions......... Im currently trying rescue pro along with image rescue 2.0. Image rescue 2 saves all files as .thm ( Im thinking that means thumbnails)

Heres my story, shooting with d2x, no problems in camera. did have it act funny a few times, the fricken humidity OMG, wonder if this has anything to do with it. Anyways the D2x would preview all my files, yet it would not show on counter? but I could see all pics. I tried downloading to coolwalker, and it sez Japanese ??X OO and a series of letters, could not read card, took it out and I put it in my Tripper hard drive, could not read card.........held on to card , shot another card, exact same thing for 3 cards. So im thinking my portable harddrives are ok, all 3 cf cards cant be wrong here, expecially since camera is reading the cards and you can preview....................

After reviewing I rescued probably 90-95% of the first card, so before I go further???

question as a side note- I might have formated my cards on the computer before I left, I did not use fat32, but regular fat when formatted, then I put them in my camera and formatted in camera, and it worked fine. The first couple of times I could download to my portable harddrives then it all went haywire? my harddrives I believe is fat32 being they are 30GB's or higher..............what in the computer are you to format the cards, I didnt think D2x would read nothing else except regular FAT..

any thoughts or input would be appreciated! Man frustrating..............shot predominately jpg so I could get as many images as possible, really burned my pickle Time to get over it now and try to salvage and fix my problem!!!

thanks in advance

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow