Started Jun 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Malcy
Contributing MemberPosts: 969
Like?
###Winners - CTF mini Challenge 111 - THE HIGH PLACES ###
Jun 12, 2006

I would first of all like to say thanks for such a superb set of entries for this mini challenge. Judging them has been very difficult but I have narrowed it down to a few winners and highly commended. The competition entries were incredibly varied, both in technique and precise subject and all commendable in some way.

The winning entries can be viewed at this gallery:

http://lumachrome.zoto.com/galleries/thehighplaces/

In joint third place:

Thadoe Hein with this very atmospheric shot of the hot air balloons over Myanmar with temples below and mountains in the background.

Patricia S Jones - Red Rock crossing, a beautiful study of the sandstone rocks nicely mirrored in the water. The colours are marvellous.

Joint second place:

b.c 'adrift'. It is one of those images that only happen when the conditions are exactly right. I love how the city seems to be floating at cloud level, even though we know that it is really the other way around.

Annnna888 - A panorama of the Slovenian alps shrouded in mist and seemingly stretching forever into the distance.

The winner:

jpmalohesr - Mt Shasta shot in IR. This is a very powerful image with the black sky and white clouds almost mirroring the shape of Mt Shasta below. To me it emphasizes the bleak rugged nature of the mountains

Well done Jim, it's over to you for the next challenge.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow