Started Jun 8, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,367Gear list
Like?
A 300D metering question.
Jun 8, 2006

I'm continuing to wrestle with this issue. Here's the scenario.

A mid-day, and very contrasty scene. Very bright brights and very dark shadows. This is difficult by anyone's standards. I know what I wish to focus on. Let's say it's a small area somewhat in the middle(just to make it simpler). Would I use a metering that would take into account the contrast of the entire scene? And if so, how can I be assured that the center subject(that which needs to be in greatest focus)will, in fact, be in focus.

Doesn't the 300D have the (warped)distinction of using Focusing AND metering with the same focus points? Until now, I take several shots of the same image; changing the actual focus point by just a little with each shot. I get some too bright images that way as well as some too dark ones. I realize that I don't break the bank with being digital and all. But it's the principle of the thing. I'd like to KNOW how to take just one shot and have it be more right than with my current hit-and-miss system.
Is there an easy fix for this?
Thanks
Bob

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow