UK "24-105" up to 8 week wait at Warehouse Express

Started Jun 2, 2006 | Discussions thread
Richard Townsend
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
Re: UK "24-105" up to 8 week wait at Warehouse Express
In reply to Chris Brooker, Jun 7, 2006

I had a Kenko 1.4x TC on order from WarehouseExpress for ages and they couldn't give me any clue when they would be getting any so I cancelled the order.

Then last Saturday I happened to look in London Camera Exchange in Southampton (the Pro shop near the Civic Centre) and noticed they had a single EFS 17-55 in stock which I snapped up, plus a Hoya Pro1 UV filter which together worked out £36 cheaper than Park Cameras current price! Very impressed with this lens - looking forward to getting more practice with it this weekend.

I also noticed they had a couple of 70-200 2.8's in stock. A colleague of mine has been looking for one for ages so he them gave a call on Monday and they couriered it to him the next day - very good service.

The manufacturers definately seem to be having problems matching the demand at the moment.

Richard Townsend's gear list:Richard Townsend's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ouchNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow