ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
macbook pro 15" or 17". Please help
Jun 6, 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a "problem". I want to buy a new laptop but can;t decide which one allthough the endless reading on various forums. It become almost frustrating

I initially was deciding between the macbook and macbook pro, but I have chosen for the pro version since I use Aperture a lot and the compatibility with the 30" screen (need to save for that). ("Eug": thanks for the feedback on my macbook vs macbook pro question in a different post)

Now I need to make the decision between the 15" and 17" model.

Which one shall I take? Is the 17" still portable enough or is it becoming to bulky. I'm travelling quite a lot and want to take it with me on trip and work on it in the plane. Is the 17" not more of a machine to only move rarely? I most likely buy the 23" or 30" display to use with it at home as dual screen.

The advantage of the 17" beside the screen size is the firewire 800 port (I own a Lacie big disk 500Gb with FW800) and has a faster DVD burner however it is less portable.

Help. What shall I do? 15" or 17".

Thanks for your comments.

Kim

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow