Started Jun 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gideon01
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,173
Like?
*Mini-Challenge #98 - Fleeting Moments – Results*
Jun 5, 2006

This has been much tougher than what I had bargained for. So many excellent entries, a lot of them good enough to be winners. Nevertheless, choices had to be made.

Moderating in the main challenges may involve more technical work than in the mini-challenges, but on the other hand - having to decide the winner all by yourself is tough.

In this past week, I was the laughing stock of my family and friends because of a chart in which I wrote down marks for the images and carried around; I resorted to assessment methods I utilized as a school teacher, over 20 years ago.

Here is a severely downsized picture of the chart:

Illegible on purpose, of course.

The checklist I used here roughly followed JDU's checklist:
http://www.pbase.com/mtf_foto_studies/km_chal_critiquing/#jdu_checklist

But that was only part of it. Were this an open competition, the results might have been different. But the theme of this mini-challenge, "Fleeting Moments", talks about grabbing moments, many unplanned and even by surprise, and therefore a little leniency can be allowed regarding technical aspects. To me, this theme meant that I was looking for something more than technical, or even purely visual merit. I was looking for a certain emotional quality. This was a decisive factor in my choices.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GoldNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow