In terms of permanence, is it the ink or is it the paper?

Started Jun 4, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gordy Hinky
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
In terms of permanence, is it the ink or is it the paper?
Jun 4, 2006

In terms of permanence, is it the ink or is it the paper that has the most effect on longevity of a print?

I say this because I was viewing the recent Wilhelm study on 3rd paryt (after market) inks, and they listed the following combinations...

Genuine Epson photo inks printed on "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" = 23years.

OfficeMax compatible photo inks printed on "OfficeMax Professional Photo Paper" = 2.4 years.

OfficeMax compatible photo inks printed on "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper" = 2.3 years.

However they DID NOT PUBLISH the combination of "Genuine Epson photo inks printed on "OfficeMax Professional Photo Paper".

I feel like the study is incomplete because they did not list this combination.

It is possible the Epson inks could bring the "OfficeMax" paper to equal the 23 years (or more) of the Epson ink, Epson paper combination. Don't you think?

The reason I'm asking is because they have OfficeDepot (Not OfficeMax) Professional Paper on sale at Office Depot and I was wondering if it was worth trying. I can't seem to find any information or profiles, etc. on Office Depot Professional Papers. Has anybody tried this 3rd party paper?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow