New 28-70 F2.8 and Purple Fringing or CA? D200 or lens issue?

Started May 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daniel Demers
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
New 28-70 F2.8 and Purple Fringing or CA? D200 or lens issue?
May 30, 2006

Hello

I was so happy to buy a brand new 28-70 F2.8 for better sharpness and quality to fit on my D200 that as soon as I get it whent outside and took some pictures... What a surprise when I saw Purple fringing or CA on my photos! I did not put any filter in front of the lens since it was at home on my 80-200 F2.8.

Here is the link if you need to see some samples: http://arienta.smugmug.com/gallery/1507340
(Nef files converted to Jpeg via NC 4.4 without any processing).

I was dreaming of this new lenses for my home studio. to equal the quality of my 80-200 F2.8 that never disapointed me so far, but now I am not sure if the D200's sensor is causing the problem or the lens that may be missaligned or something like that.

I was using 18-70 F3.5-4.5 previously and did not noticed that problems before. Since the 28-70 F2.8 is much sharper and precise, does it just do his normal process and show more details and more of the D200 weaknesses?

The real question is; Did I bought a defective lenses and should returned it to the dealer or should I asked Nikon to fix my D200 weaknesses if they can do it?

I read la lot on the forums and some people seems to indicate that we must avoid large aperture or contrasty scenes, but can really good quality lense introduce some constarint as well?

What a bad dream so far...
--
Daniel

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow