ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan
Dan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371Gear list
Like?
Why the G2 is not cool...
Dec 8, 2001

Ok, before I start "bashing" the camera, let me tell you that I've just had a bad experience with it compared to my previous camera, a Fuji Finepix 4900. I am just a bit frustrated and annoyed. Please be easy on me

This message is not intended to start a flame war or a troll, but to let potential buyers be aware of possible issues with the camera.

I bought the G2 because it had super battery life, a hot shoe, an AF assist light, and microdrive compatibility.

Here's what I've found after using the camera. The AF assist light is pretty much useless even in a lit area. It is nowhere as good as the red AF assist lamps on SLR film cameras (mine is a Nikon N70). I also get frequent out of focus pictures. It is difficult to tell if the image is in focus on the LCD.

The color of the pictures are also totally not to my liking. Flash images of people look "yucky."

Now let me tell you a little about my stuff so you can get a better picture of what's going on. I've owned a Sony D770 and a Fuji 4900 before so I know how to use digital cameras. After using a camera with fuji color, I just couldn't go back to the colors of other brands. Fuji cameras produce images with such pleasing color! I know this is just an opinion, but if you read the reviews for the S1 and the 6900, Phil states that these cameras produce some of the most pleasing colors. If you read the paragraphs above and below the color charts you will see how big of a deal this is.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuji6900z/page14.asp

I just came back from an event with my friends and after looking at my G2's pictures, it made me so fed up with the thing that I ordered a Fuji 6900. Of course I'm also going to get a return authorization number for my G2 as soon as I can. I've had the G2 for about 5 days.

Just a warning for those who have used Fuji cameras or like their pictures. If you wish to ask me more questions feel free to do so. If you like your G2, great. I'm just saying why I don't like it. So please don't come and flame me 'cause that's gonna go nowhere.

Dan's gear list:Dan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DonNew
n70?New
yepNew
146New
147New
148New
149New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow