Started May 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neuronbob
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Canon Powershot A60 problem
May 22, 2006

New poster, long-time lurker, the forum has already provided valuable information as I've just upgraded from my 7-year-old, but still VERY serviceable Olympus C2000Z to a Canon Powershot S3 IS. I'm having fun with it as I read the thick manual. However:

My wife's Powershot A60 is having some difficulty. I bought this two years ago for her as a cheap point-and-shoot for her as she's not too technically inclined. I purchased a SanDisk Ultra II 1 GB CF card for her and when I placed it in the camera, it wouldn't start up. Checked the batteries and their placement, the card's placement, made sure the doors were closed, and ultimately reformatted the card on a PC. Nothing worked. Not only that, when I put her original CF card back in the camera, it still didn't work. With either card, I have to hold the power button down for an extended period (several seconds) to turn it on, and a message, "memory card error" is presented. Of course, I can't take pictures and the camera won't even let me reformat the cards.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.
--
Canon Powershot S3 IS
Canon Powershot A60
Olympus C2000Z

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow