Canon Powershot A60 problem

Started May 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 8
Canon Powershot A60 problem
May 22, 2006

New poster, long-time lurker, the forum has already provided valuable information as I've just upgraded from my 7-year-old, but still VERY serviceable Olympus C2000Z to a Canon Powershot S3 IS. I'm having fun with it as I read the thick manual. However:

My wife's Powershot A60 is having some difficulty. I bought this two years ago for her as a cheap point-and-shoot for her as she's not too technically inclined. I purchased a SanDisk Ultra II 1 GB CF card for her and when I placed it in the camera, it wouldn't start up. Checked the batteries and their placement, the card's placement, made sure the doors were closed, and ultimately reformatted the card on a PC. Nothing worked. Not only that, when I put her original CF card back in the camera, it still didn't work. With either card, I have to hold the power button down for an extended period (several seconds) to turn it on, and a message, "memory card error" is presented. Of course, I can't take pictures and the camera won't even let me reformat the cards.

Any idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.
Canon Powershot S3 IS
Canon Powershot A60
Olympus C2000Z

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow