Started May 21, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lonnit
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,931
Like?
Getting books printed
May 21, 2006

For my personal family photos, I just started using kodakgallery to have books printed. I've been using them for several years (back as Ofoto) for prints to slide into sleeved albums, and since they came out with this new product, the photo book, I decided to give it a try. It was such a thrill to see my images in a book. They're truly beautiful keepsakes. Even my children are thrilled with them and love the captions. Now, the print quality is, if you're picky, somewhat grainy, and wouldn't really be considered excellent, however, this grainyness adds a beauty that I personally love. I think he albums are stunning. I'm content with the pricing as well.

However, on the last page of the album, they do put thier logo and website. I really don't care about that for my own personal albums, but I'd not want to have that on something I have printed for clients.

My question is, what other companies will print single copies of custom books like this, and do it without costing an absolute fortune? I'm planning on doing small, restaurant type 2nd, or 3rd weddings, plus Bar/Bat Mitzvahas, sweet 16s, and parties like that. I'd love to offer books like this because they are just so special and lovely. The Kodak books start at $30 and go up to around $75, depending on the quantity of pages. I think that's very reasonable and I'd imaging other places would be much more expensive. Do you know of any that aren't priced thru the roof?

Thanks,
Lonnit

-- hide signature --

Please visit my gallery at http://pbase.com/lonnit

and offer your comments. Tell me what you like and what you don't, and why. I welcome all opinions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow