ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bill_Turner
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,532
Like?
A real question. Why shoot .jpg? OT
May 10, 2006

First, a brief history.

Until about a year ago I was a very strong advocate of SHQ.JPG and argued, in my own cantankerous style, its benefits and that my E-10 .jpgs were as good as any RAW image made.
Currently.

In recent months RAW developers have been introduced that include post processing tools typically available in most editing programs. e.g. Curves/Shadow contrast/Highlight/contrast/sharpening/Levels/Noise reduction/etc. in addition to typical RAW developer tools such as WB adjustments, exposure compensation and others.

With the RAW developer I chose, I can infinitely crop and do "levelling" and spend much, much less time in my "editor" for effects (framing, adding my copyright, and other stuff) and my overall post processing time has been reduced per image.

While RAW images require more "memory" and larger cards, the cost of that memory is so low, these days, that, in my opinion, it's a non-issue.

I am genuinely interested in your opinions and am really not attempting to start a RAW vs. JPG war.
Thanks.
--
Regards,
(afka Wile E. Coyote)
Bill
PSAA
Equipment in profile.
Eschew obfuscation.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
raykNew
raykNew
raykNew
Bob,New
ray,New
ray,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow