Started May 8, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChosenWon
Contributing MemberPosts: 564
Like?
Why to avoid sigma4less
May 8, 2006

Typical New York scam store. They say they have it, take your money, and THEN it is magically backordered.

I purchased a 30mm 1.4. No shipping notice for 2 days. I call them; "Uh... yeah... we're...uh... out of those." "Your site said you had them in. When will you have some in?" "Yeah, sorry about that. I have no idea....we're trying to find some now..." " I would like my money back." 2 days later, still no money.(Paid via paypal) I call; "Uh yeah, we uh... got a couple in, yours shipped out." Despite the fact that I already asked for my money back. Keep in mind their site had shown out of stock for the previous two days and still did at that point. "But your site shows you're out of stock." "We got two in." (What kind of major retailer gets 2 of one of the most popular lenses at a time?!) I finally receive it and it is horribly misfocusing, and has finger prints on the lens elements.

It is obvious they were out of stock, but when they found that I wanted my money back instead of waiting for new stock, they lied and said they had one in, and sent me someone’s return. Stay away from these people. Their small discount is not worth the headaches they create.

I am sure some here have had a good exp. with them, but I will be buying from B&H exclusivly from now on.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow