ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
New camera suggestions please
May 8, 2006

Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since I have been here. I currently own a Canon PowerShot S30 which has served us well, but we have been considering a new camera, being mostly enticed by the smaller size cameras available.

We use our camera basically for point and shoot applications but I have a few areas I will address where hopefully it will help gain me some expert advice.

• Mostly simple point and shoot

• As stated, we like the smaller cameras, easier to carry.

• (I also like the bigger screens, but not a huge issue.)

• I do use the macro feature

• My house has a lot of windows and I have trouble with the S30. Ex. I have a stereo system against a wall that has windows behind it, the light from the windows makes it very hard to get a good picture.

• The flash on the Canon sucks, which was well reported on here before I purchased it. The flash is concentrated in the middle of the picture.

• I like the new stability feature I have heard about; I take a lot of blurry pics when I shoot in house w/o the flash, as the speed slows down.

As for price, let's leave that basically open up to say $600; I am not saying my wife will agree to that but I won't say she won't either!

Any other questions you need to help me, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your help. Brian
--
Brian Miller

Brian's gear list:Brian's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow